Wedding : Ms to Mrs, Part I

4:17 PM
It took me forever to compose something here. Waiting for the free time, pictures from photographer and basically free time. Apologize for the lack of few months update. Well, I am currently in the office now as I'm typing this post. I'm safe because my supervisor is currently on leave! Thought of sharing some of my Ms to Mrs moment in this post.. so where shall I start? 

The prepping right? Preparation is a one hell of a thing to do. Not easy as I micro-managed everything. Couldn't afford to trust anyone to do my preparation. hehe First thing first...

Wedding Invites
I want something cheap but a good print quality. In Brunei, all we have is Ezy Printing and Wing-On printing services. They have cheap printing but can only offer you 1 color or 2 color tone of card. Which I don't think its the "In-Thing" now. Everybody wants a full color wedding invites! Well, I do! So I did more survey with Your Sampul but also finds them a little bit too expensive for a full color wedding invites. Hence I opted for printing services outside Brunei which is Malaysia and found a humble printing services on Instagram called Ello Props and literally saved my life! 

The person that I dealt with was very very helpful and kind! Made everything easier. I chose to design my own wedding card and just have their printing services. Brides and Grooms to be, do check their insta page and I highly recommend you this! ( Ello Props ) Btw, just a gentle reminder that the shipping fee incurred is usually expensive so my other option would be to ship it to Miri as it is cheaper (domestic shipping from KL). 



I was inspired by the Marble design and also that green leave so I thought why not ask the Mr to incorporate both in the design?! right?! And it turned out so classy and pretty (in my opinion lah!). The card quality is also thick and off good quality as soon as you touch it! So so satisfied and happy with the outcome. I don't really remember how much overall but the price for per piece was less than a dollar! (Inclusive shipping) Cheap?! Definitely!

Nikah (Solemnisation) and Reception Shoes
Actually ordered mine pretty early... sometime last year I think. Just when Nelissa Hilman have some sales on their heels,  so why not? I love how chic and classy the heels from NH is that is why I am getting NH Heels for my nikah. A simple off white heels for my Nikah and Berbadak event. yay! I emailed them personally because the shoes was sold out on their website and also on FashionValet. Asked them if they have any stocks in any of their physical store, got a reply saying they do! So they asked for my address and paid through pay pals and the shoes were shipped in no time. Super helpful and fast service from the NH team, loved it!


They also give you a congratulations card! gahhh!! love receiving those kinds of cards. Especially for your special day. hehe ( Nelissa Hilman) Shoes for Nikah and Berbadak event solved! Now... I'm left with shoes for my reception event. 

Knowing that I can never afford Jimmy Choo's heels, I look for something Jimmy Choo inspired shoes! Or something that look similar to Salvatore Ferragamo inspired. Silver, blink or glittery material. NH no longer restock their silver heels (very SF inspired!!) and I was pretty upset about it. Seek for advise from my close friend Aileen, she suggested Pazzion! The shoe store at The Mall Gadong which I have not visited in years! Totally forgot about that shoe store because the last time I remember, their shoe quality sucks. However, not this time! Surprisingly, their shoe quality gets better and just when I least expect it... I found the Jimmy Choo inspired heels! yayyy



How can you not fall in love?! The cutting, the design, the glitterrrsss! SO SO PRETTY! They have it in gold as well but I chose silver instead of gold in order to match my reception outfit. A big thanks to my close friend for this and totally love my shoes, no regrets. (Not to mention cheap too, hey you can always get something similar to what you can't have! it doesn't break your bank account as well.)


 A closer look of my reception shoes.

Nikah Dress and Reception Dress
It took me forever to finalize my nikah dress. I want something simple and elegant for my Nikah dress but I like the idea of having a long cape (inspired by Adila Long) and also not to forget a 2 piece dress. Told my tailor what I wanted and she agreed to do my nikah dress just like what I asked for. I gave my budget but the dress I asked for is sort of over my budget so I'm just gonna go with going a little over the budget. heh heh 

Sent my Nikah dress at Chin Yi Tailoring and Boutique in Kiulap (next to Lemongrass). Didn't get to do some sketching for my nikah dress, only showed some pictures to my tailor. My nikah dress turned out to be just okay, didn't reach my expectation 100% (just 70% I can say). Bought all the materials for nikah dress from Firoz Jaya, the lace, the georgette chiffon for the dress and also the lining for the dress. For the hijab, I got myself a Sharqiaa Hijab from the Sharqiaa store at the mall (pretty tricky for a hijab because it is slightly too licin).



Photo by: Lutfi HA Majid
Love the beading but boy it was soooo heavy.. and the nikah dress didn't make me look small. I'm guessing it was the texture of the dress and also the heavy beading materials that makes the dress look super heavy. (Hence, I look a little f a t)

Did a lot of research for my reception dress on the other hand. Initially, the color for my reception dress suppose to be something green but in the end we've come to a decision of choosing Purple. Why? Don't ask. I am not sure myself either. haha

Sketches for my reception dress. (All my work, all mine)
And I was glad how pretty my wedding reception dress turned out to be! Alhamdulillah. hehe despite the gazillion times of visit to the tailor and not to mention the arguments. Glad it was all well.





I love everything about my dress except that I didn't get to alter more to make it more fit to my body because I kept on losing weight before the wedding. (Somehow I'm happy but somewhat not) Oh! I did not buy the songket material as we got it from an aunty that rents bridal attires in Lambak. We custom made it though, that's why.

Always remember to not put your expectation at your fullest (100%) and just set it to 80%. With that, most of your expectation will be achieved. Trust me. Until my next post, Part II.



Love,
W.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.