Food Review #36: Sarang Yam-Yam Restaurant (Korean)

IS ANYONE STILL READING THIS BLOG?! Oh well, hello lovelies. I'm back! *well technically just to update* Hope you guys are having a great 2016 so far. I am currently in my 3rd semester and trying hard to raise my CGPA up. Wish me luck! hehe so enough about me. What about some food review? :)

So few months ago before my friends went away for their 'Discovery Year' (there's this program for our 3rd year where we get to go out of Brunei to study and stuff) we decided to have lunch out together. Me and my friend Shikin were craving for this Korean food and in Koryo (In Kiulap) they do not have the Korean Fried Chicken hence we've decided to go to this "Sarang Yam-Yam Restaurant" in Batu Bersurat. Whats good about this restaurant is that they at the same time are serving healthy food *well, they claimed lah..* Foods served are without MSG which is a thumbs up for me and the rice, they substitute it with some healthier rice? So yeah..




So the interior of the restaurant kinda gives you the feel already like you're in Korea. *or maybe its just me..haha* but really, its very Korean. Of course I chose the seats near to the window cause girls just love good lighting! LOL. So the ordering begins!


But if you must know.. whenever you go to any Korean restaurant, they just love giving you complimentary appetizer! haha Though I don't eat some of it. As you can see, there's anchovies, long beans, kimchi, and I can't name some of them cause I don't know what isit. hahaha 



I may not be a big fan of Kimchi but still I want to try the Kimchi Fried Rice. haha I tried it before but the take-out ones and it was sooooo spicy and no words can describe how good it was. However, when I tried it for the 2nd time, the taste was pretty off. Not spicy at all and its just bland. Didn't remember how much was this but somewhere around BND 7 or 8? 



My friend tried the Teriyaki Chicken Chop with rice? the portion was too little and it tasted just alright. Price is around BND 6 or 7.  



So those were the Korean Fried Chicken I told you about. We usually ordered the Ganjang (Garlic & Soy Sauce) and Yangnyeom Chicken (Sweet & Spicy Sauce). Of course you can never compare it with the Kyochon Chicken but its the closest you can find here in Brunei. They have this 'Half-Half Special' where you can order 2 flavors for BND 12. As for this half Ganjang and Yangnyeom, it cost BND 12.50. 


This one right here is the Special Tteok Bbok Gi. Korean rice cake in spicy sauce in the middle, surrounded with Gimbap and Fried Dumplings. It wasn't so bad. I kinda like it! BND 18 or 20 I think.


Hae Mul Pa Jeon (Korean Seafood pancake). I prefer the one in Koryo than here cause the one in Koryo have much more thinner batter and crispier. hehe but it was alright! BND 8 or 9 something like that.


Last but not least, the Japchae (Korean glass noodle). It pretty much taste like the normal glass noodle, Tang Hoon, but its more thick. This one is also around BND 8 or 9. (I've tried the spicy version of this and gave up after a couple of scoop (?) haha)

Overall, the foods were not so bad. I just prefer the one in Koryo hehe. But hey! Who knows they'll improve in the near future, I will definitely come back to try whats left on the menu though. 

★★★.5 stars (LOL)

Food rate: 7/10
Price: 6.5/10 (korean food is so expensive! haha)

The Korean Fried Chicken is a must order though! hehe so come and try their Fried Chicken here! 

Address:
Unit 6, Block J, 
Batu Bersurat, 
Bandar Seri Begawan,
Brunei Darussalam.

Until then! xo,




No comments:

Powered by Blogger.