After a week off.

Hello there readers :)

It's Chinese New Year and that explains why I've been away. My office had a week (more than a week) off from work and I took that one week off to spend some quality time with my sayang. hehe So..... anything new out there? Or was it just the same old same old thing? I hope you all had a wonderful week with your loved ones as I had mine!

The night before CNY, I have extreme craving for seafood. Not too sure why. Thus, I asked Irfan to accompany me to a seafood restaurant in Jerudong that serves fresh seafood dishes! It was Seaworld Neptune Seafood Restaurant. To those of you who have not tried there, pls do and I'm pretty sure you will not regret spending your every penny there :) (Its the best seafood restaurant you can find, of course you will not travel all the way from Bru to KK just to eat seafood right?) So we ordered just 2 dishes for dinner that night, Salted Egg Crab and Butter Prawn! yums!



CNY Decor

READY?


Salted Egg Crab
Oh my crab! Yes, I'm a sucker for crab. Love crab too much, just hate the opening crab part. If you get what I mean, you know smashing and knocking them then only you get to eat the meat of the crab?! Well, you gotta work hard to eat the meat. They don't come easily. haha So anyway, this is my most fav dish! Salted Egg Crab. What makes this dish delicious was, they first fry the crab and then cooked it with salted egg. Again, I'm a big fan of salted egg! (Just recently :p) There's a lot more on the menu though, I have yet to try the chili crab!
Rate: 9/10


Butter Prawn
and this, I present you... Butter Prawn. You might think its a typical Butter Prawn where you can eat it in any restaurant. No you are wrong, this for me.. by far the best I've ever had! Sorry didn't manage to take a good shot on the prawns but tell you what, the prawns were sooooo fresh! Its really dry too, not oily! I don't really like to eat those Butter Prawn where you might end up eating a spoonful of cooking oil. The prawns were deep fried btw with a yummy batter and the prawns are still so fresh and soft and buttery like! Perfectly cooked.
Rate: 9/10





Me enjoying the complimentary Orange.
Happy Chinese New Year from us both!
Personally, I love this place. If any of you love eating seafood outdoor, there's more tables outside the restaurant for outdoor lovers who loves fresh air rather than just sitting in an air-conditioned room. Price range wise, for the crab it depends on how many kilos your ordered and for the prawn, there's a size for you to choose from.. Small, Medium and Large (Fixed Price).

-----------------


Just thought of sharing some more best foods in town! Irfan is big fan of "Roti John". In Brunei, it's quite well known among us. However, to those who don't know what "Roti John" is.. its basically a long bread with eggs, minced beef/chicken, chili sauce and mayonnaise! So our fav "Roti John" spot is in Pasar Malam Gadong. We tried the "Roti John" there since early last year and we've become the frequent buyer ever since! Whenever you crave for "Roti John", the best place is here....


Just go to Pasar Malam and look for this "C BOBOY BURGER"
The stall is at the very end :)

Best eaten when it's still hot!

Tomgkeng Ayam

As for me, whenever I go to Pasar Malam.. I always look for "Tongkeng Ayam" which means Chicken Butt? haha I don't really know what isit called in English but for now, lets just go with Chicken Butt okay? hahaha. Some of you might find it disgusting, but I find it really yummy. Irfan didn't like it. Quite sad though.. :p The tongkeng were basically marinated with spices (i think) and grilled. Spread with honey, yum! Healthy wise? NOT healthy. You shall only eat this, ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Okay?

Well, that is all for now and I hope this post is of interest to you :) Insya Allah i'll post more food reviews when I have the chance to. Until next time!


xo,
W.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.